Tour Rules and Requirements
To ensure that guests have an enjoyable and safe evening at Historic Fort Wayne during their Haunted Tour, all persons attending the tours are required to follow certain rules and requirements:
- All tour participants must be 18 years of age or older. Children under the age of 18 are currently not permitted on the tour.
- All tour participants must present a valid photo ID at check-in for the tour that shows date of birth.
- All tour participants must sign and turn in a completed copy of the tour Release Form at check-in for their tour date. This form can be located and downloaded here. As required by the City of Detroit, an event representative must act as a witness for the signing of this form.
- To prevent the removal of artifacts from the fort, only small camera bags or "fanny packs" are permitted while on the fort grounds. Any extra items must be left in your vehicle. Tour participants are allowed to return to their vehicles at any time during the evening.
- Smoking is not permitted inside any buildings on the fort grounds. Tour participants may smoke outside any buildings as desired.
- For the enjoyment of your fellow tour participants, cell phones must be turned off or turned to "vibrate".
- No drugs, weapons or alcohol are permitted on the fort grounds. Anyone found using or possessing any such items will be immediately escorted from the premises and may face legal action.
- No seances or ouija boards are permitted while on the fort grounds. Use of Ouija boards or conducting a seance while on the fort grounds will result in immediate expulsion from the premises.
- Removal, damage or desecration of any Historic Fort Wayne property is strictly prohibited. Any such actions taken will result in immediate expulsion from the premises and possible legal action.
- Areas of the fort grounds or structures blocked off with caution tape or chains are hazard areas. Anyone found entering these areas or removing or otherwise defeating these barriers will be immediately escorted from the premises.
- The image of Historic Fort Wayne is copyrighted. Any photograpic or video images captured during the Haunted Tours at Historic Fort Wayne are for personal use only. Any use of this footage without the written permission of the Director's office will result in legal action.
If you have any questions about these rules or any tour questions in general, please contact us at email@example.com, where an event representative will respond to your inquiries.